The Augmented World Expo (AWE) is home to over 200 companies with backgrounds in Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR), wearable technology as well as the ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT), with bitstars being a part of it in 2015:
CEO Mostafa Akbari and CTO Simon Heinen were among thousands of tech-professionals participating in over 20 workshops, 200 interactive demos and 100 first-class talks from industry leaders and pioneers.
The slogan of the whole event was “Share the superpowers of AR, VR, Wearable Tech and IoT with the World!” and this is exactly what bitstars did, by giving three interesting talks about the future of AR for enterprises:
- Simon Heinen elaborated on the topic of the IoT and AR in a talk about ‘The perfect match: Augmented Reality + M2M Communication’.
- Mostafa Akbari, who has a lot of real-world implementation experience, met consumers and providers alike to discuss the practicalities of ‘How to Expand AR Adoption in Enterprises’ in a moderated panel. The whole discussion is available on YouTube.
- A spontaneous talk about safety precaution in working environments as well as the potential and advantages of new AR goggles completed the event for us.
In detail the bitstars performance schedule looked like following:
- Internet Of Things and AR, June 8, 3:15pm – 4:00pm, Room 212
Simon Heinen (bitstars) – The perfect match: Augmented Reality + M2M Communication; Tom Wesselman (Plantronics) – The IoT: Possibilities, Challenges, and Real World Questions; Brock Kolls (CN2) – Data and Analytics in AR/VR
- How to expand AR adoption, June 8, 5:00pm – 5:45pm, Theater
Panel moderated by Alex Hill (CN2) with Juergen Lumeira (Bosch), Paul Davies (Boeing), Fridolin Wild (DDR), Mostafa Akbari (Founder & CEO, bitstars), Joe Metzger (Johnson and Johnson).
A discussion forum on augmented reality advocating the alliance of enterprises. Main issue is the promotion of the expansion of enterprise AR and the adaption to open and interoperable standards.
- Spontaneous talk on the topic of Safety and risk factors in Augmented Reality for Enterprises, June 8
Mostafa Akbari (bitstars) – Device, Human & Environment safety and risk factors
For an exclusive insight take a virtual tour through the expo area or (because networking is important too) join right here at the AWE after party:
To summarize, it was a great event that provided an interesting impression of the current state of the AR and VR business, combined with great opportunities to meet amazing industry experts and a perfect mix of various events and activities. bitstars is looking forward to next year, for which the registration is already open!